Successful Niche Companies
Karnell invests from its own balance sheet with an evergreen ownership horizon. We mainly invest in smaller unlisted industrial companies with a market-leading position. This primarily includes product companies with their own production, development and sales of industrial products or companies that offer system solutions for industrial companies.
- Size and profit: Sales between MSEK 50-350 and operating margin above 10%
- Own IP: Companies with their own IP, unique offer and interesting niche
- History: Long history of strong and stable cash flows
- Market: Sector focus with niche perspective as well as high or very high market share
- Predictability: Stable and mature markets with business models Karnell can understand and be involved in developing together with the entrepreneur
- Transparency: Between Karnell and the entrepreneur. Direct dialogue and due diligence conducted by Karnell’s staff
- Risk-adjusted return: Comfort to create a high risk-adjusted return
KL Mechanics OY
KL Mechanics is one of Finland’s leading contract manufacturers of high-quality subcontracted machining, based in Oulunsalo.
Vebe Teknik AB
Vebe is a company with over 100 years of history, that develops and manufactures automatic bag filling systems, based in Björköby.
Autori is Finland’s leading provider of infrastructure maintenance administration systems, based in Oulu.
Tekniseri Group OY
Tekniseri is Finland’s leading supplier of industrial printing on plastics and metal, based in Kempele.
SimFAS Sweden AB
SimFAS is a manufacturer of fillers, adhesives and sealants, based in Simrishamn.
Rotomon is a fast-growing manufacturer of rainwater-, culvert-, drainage- and cable protection pipes as well as wastewater treatment systems, based in Kangasniemi.
Drivex is a market-leading manufacturer of attachments for wheel loaders and tractors, based in Edsbyn.
Timeka is a niche supplier of customizable parts, mainly for global industrial machinery manufacturers, based in Mynämäki.